• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Drunk And Went On Ebay Last Night... A Couple Radar Buys (Now With PICS)

No one caught the Star Trek reference in the OP? Sad.

That was an incredibly arcane reference, you would have to be a die-hard trekkie to know the difference in home and away jerseys!

And OMG yes, BUI is a (account) killer. Been there, done that!

Got both in. 3 days shipping on both!

Wore the XL on a quick walk to the pizza/party store for a slice, and the gold range to the grocery.

The XL is slightly disappointing. They look great, but they don't curve the the bottom as much and don't have much better coverage than a Pitch. I can tell the brow of the orbital is sitting higher, but it doesn't feel like I have too much increase in field of vision because of it.

2012-05-02173150.jpg

2012-05-02194214.jpg

The XL was created mainly by demands of triathletes and time trial cyclists. The sit very low on their bikes and would - on the standard Radar - look directly into to the top of the frame when looking ahead. So you would probably experience an enhanced field of view if you were positioned like a timetrialist/triathlete on a bike :eek:). But wearing them in normal situations will probably not give you more field of view except for looking to the skies.

the Drunken Ebay binge...an O fan classic....I think they look fine...well Rustpot u got me even more on my sober Matte black kick so u are doing good work as well as buying good things...I think Ill tell the wife they are a gift from the government in reparation for Secret Service scandal and everyone will be getting some soon. Before I start anything I am not knocking USA here just those careless guys in black...gee aren't there enough free women who like guys in uniform???

the Drunken Ebay binge...an O fan classic....I think they look fine...well Rustpot u got me even more on my sober Matte black kick so u are doing good work as well as buying good things...I think Ill tell the wife they are a gift from the government in reparation for Secret Service scandal and everyone will be getting some soon. Before I start anything I am not knocking USA here just those careless guys in black...gee aren't there enough free women who like guys in uniform???

Don't get sucked in! Unless you want to buy my XL's, I'm just not feeling them liked I hoped I would. I wore the gold Range set over the weekend and I got to like the feel of the Radar more. Going back to my Heater M's later in the day felt like putting on an old pair of jeans, but nothing wrong with the Radar.

Here's another angle I snapped at work. I was wearing them at work last week trying to get used to them. I do really like the Range the best of the Radar sizes.
2012-05-03123602.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-05-03123602.jpg
    2012-05-03123602.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 135
I know I am resurrecting an older thread (which means i am still coherent) but I might be doing some drunk buying tonight. I hope I have good luck!

Back