• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Fired Yesterday :-(

**** dude that sucks. The glasses look like they are stuck is customs so hopefully you still have some contacts there to put it somewhere safe upon their arrival.

**** dude that sucks. The glasses look like they are stuck is customs so hopefully you still have some contacts there to put it somewhere safe upon their arrival.

Yeah it should be cool. I let them know it was on the way and I would pick it up. I hope they know better than to open my mail considering Its a federal crime lol

It always sucks when you lose a job but I'm sure you will perservere and come out on top and in better shape than before. You are correct though, at least for now you get to spend a little more time with your child through some of this.
It is shocking that you would get fired for not being a "hardass" so to speak but I do hope all works out much better.

apparently im "too laid back" to be "the strong leader" they are looking for. Basically I wasn't enough of a prick to be a boss is what it boiled down to. That and no one really buys high sunglasses in Oregon (compared to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona etc where their other locations are), especially in an outdoor outlet mall. I kind of got blamed for the lack of sales because they did so well (in the summer) with the old manager before me.

I'm still a little butthurt about the whole thing, but I guess I understand. I'll live. I've been through worse. My son is 6 months old so I can at least spend more time with him than I have been. Every situation has plus sides I guess.

man that sucks big time. you basically got fired due to downward seasonal sales that was out of your hands.
it seems you got promoted to replace your old manager but did they explain the added responsibilities that comes with it?
were you aware that you became the manager as it seems you were put in a position without you knowing.
i guess they had a laidback way when it comes to structure which may be no bad thing as long as everyone gells into one. too much structure can stifle a workplace.

who am i to say, i know it hurts and maybe you dont want to talk about and i understand.
i would have done anything to save my job and put my foot down esp selling a product you were passionate about. the fact they asked you to resign stinks of constructive dismissal to me.
every bad experience is a lesson in life which will only make you better down the track.
take care and good luck with future.

man that sucks big time. you basically got fired due to downward seasonal sales that was out of your hands.
it seems you got promoted to replace your old manager but did they explain the added responsibilities that comes with it?
were you aware that you became the manager as it seems you were put in a position without you knowing.
i guess they had a laidback way when it comes to structure which may be no bad thing as long as everyone gells into one. too much structure can stifle a workplace.

who am i to say, i know it hurts and maybe you dont want to talk about and i understand.
i would have done anything to save my job and put my foot down esp selling a product you were passionate about. the fact they asked you to resign stinks of constructive dismissal to me.
every bad experience is a lesson in life which will only make you better down the track.
take care and good luck with future.

That's exactly how I feel. They opened a new store in Phoenix, AZ (where sunglasses again are a year round item with over 200 sunny days a year) and the old manager at my store went down to Phoenix to work there. Of course they did well. They are in Phoenix lol.

That's what is so weird. They preached all this laid back attitude but then out of the blue im getting canned for not being strict or mean enough. I could have fought for my job, but do I really want to continue with a company that is treating me like this barely 3 months in? I figure it was meant to be and it will open a better chapter in my life.

At least they got me started on Oakley's. Not sure if I would have picked up the addiction if I hadn't gotten a job there.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Means a ton!!!!!!

Keep your head up high. Like most of the fellows here said, things happen for a reason.
I've been fired once and it didn't feel any good. You'll be back in no time. Best of luck in job hunting and enjoy your extra time with your baby.

Back