• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got My Matte Grey Radarlock Frames

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
well, got them yesterday to be more exact. Didn't use both lenses until today. Originally had the Silver+Ice Iridium combo. It was a display model for cheap and had a nick, but it I figured it was a safe try for the Radarlocks. Didn't take long for me to say I loved them. On the bike they're entirely worry-free, whereas with glasses slip because of my narrow nose - even after all the adjustments I make. I don't even opt for the supplied alternate nosepiece on my Radarlocks.

Finally have a pair that has been made more to my liking, maybe also picking up red earsocks later. Got the new frame from Art's as pointed out in another thread. Was a nice deal as I didn't expect a Soft Vault to come with it. Made in China now, but quality seems to be all the same - which is all that matters to me. Hinges are still smooth with their spring action, paint finish is flawless.

Sleezy pics:p. My primary lens is +Red. Yesterday I went with the Ice Iridium as I thought the darker frame would make the lens pop out more and look great. The original silver frames made it look a little dull imo, although I've found Ice Iridium looking better on other silver designs.

IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_6482.jpg
IMG_1266.jpg

Radarlock made in china now?? Or do u mean the vault?

The Radarlock frame itself. It doesn't have any serial number stamped, and the earsock no longer says "Made In USA".

Lack of serial number kinda spooked me but I have confidence in the retailer. I know fakes have been stamping the same numbers and copying the earsock texts.

Nice pickup!!!! I just order a Glacier Radarlock frame from Arts few weeks ago and the socks did say Made in USA. So it might just be some models.

"Lack of serial number kinda spooked me but I have confidence in the retailer. I know fakes have been stamping the same numbers and copying the earsock texts."

####Almost everything Oakley custom doesnt come with Model number stamp on the arm, So you can see tons of radar/radarlock/ holbrook and other glasses without model numbers!!!

"Lack of serial number kinda spooked me but I have confidence in the retailer. I know fakes have been stamping the same numbers and copying the earsock texts."

####Almost everything Oakley custom doesnt come with Model number stamp on the arm, So you can see tons of radar/radarlock/ holbrook and other glasses without model numbers!!!

That clears things up! Thanks for letting me know. I thought these were not so much of custom frames though as if I see right, they're just the frames from existing sets.

On the earsock note, ha:
IMG_4963.jpg
IMG_2581.jpg
IMG_1280.jpg

Back