• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Some Matte Black/Fire Frogs.

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
Won these an hour ago:

MatteBlack-FireIridium.jpg

I was watching these. I didn't bid though because I noticed the box wasn't tagged.

Odd you should mention that, cos I thought the same thing( also where's the microclear bag?)......after I'd payed for it. Doh! Messaged the seller,however as yet no reply.

I got this 'response' from the seller: just waiting to receive them, or get a response from his Wife.

Hi, there is a pink bag with the glasses, under the card insert. I can't remember if there is a label on the box or not, but I haven't removed anything. What is there is what I received from the US. I'll ask the wife to check and get back to you. If you are not 100% happy then just return them anyway.

New message from seller:

There is no label on this box. All I can say is that, as far as I am aware, these are genuine. I will see if I still have the original email receipt from the US when I get home tonight. They were bought from a shop via mail order from what I remember (it was a few years ago!). Let me see what I can find. As I said, if you do take them and are not 100% satisfied then you can return them for a full refund - I intend keeping my 100% feedback score :)

Recieved them this morning ......I think they may be fake: the box is fine, the paperwork also is fine, the microclear bag is however, suspect. The cord is thicker and a slightly different tone, the tab is slightly off line on one side, and the frequency of stitches is different. The glasses are 20g compared with another pair I weighed (my rootbeer/fire)which weighed in at 22g. The colour is OK but the tone of them is very, very slightly different. The lenses appear to be more Ruby than Fire, but they do look genuine, or the counterfeiters have upped their game incredibly, they look SERIOUSLY PUKKA!
So the question is, do these minor differences reek of FAKE?

Sorry about the quality of pics:

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 276
It's very hard to tell from the pics. Differences in tint between production runs is quite normal, some Ruby's appear more Fire and vice versa.

The reason I didn't bid on these is because the box wasn't tagged and I bought a pair of these about a year ago. Everything looked fine in the pics but when they arrived the box wasn't tagged and when I took them out the weight of them was immediately different, you could tell something was off. I sent them to Oakley HQ and they confirmed they were fake but admitted it was very hard to tell.

You mention the weight of these if off as well. Maybe try weighing another pair of frogs you own to see if a discrepancy of 2 grams is normal. I also noticed in the fake pair I bought that the lenses were different in size and too big to fit in to a genuine frame so you could check that. Also check the spelling on the box and in the paperwork very carefully. Again, on firs inspection mine looked fine but on careful reading there were spelling mistakes that would never have made it past Oakley inspection.