• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gotta Save On Gas... Whatever It Takes!

Actually I'd never delineated the "BA" from the "PD"... at a glance it comes across to me as a dyslexic "Bad P", whatever that means...:D

I have mixed feelings. I agree, too many people needlessly die from failure to use safety equipment. But I also, as a general practice, believe that it's better to educate people to make responsible decisions than force it on them. Because (among other things) that way you only get what you inspect, and you can't inspect everything... Better to get buy-in...

But at the same time life is really the most valuable thing one owns and there are no second chances; people shouldn't die just because they weren't educated / trained to make responsible decisions...

So, like I said, I have mixed feelings. Good thing I'm not in charge...:king:

I agree with you in part that the best way to gain compliance is by those that buy in. Thats why so many people wear their seat belts because they've been educated about the effectiveness. People are much mire willing to do something if they don't feel they are being forced to. Its human nature. I also know, however, that sometimes people need to be forced to do certain things to keep the world from chaos....not that seat belts or helmets would fall in that category :). Your points are well stated and definitely respected.

Wow that's just crazy. Here in aus you wouldn't get far like that and even in a car with no seatbelt. The driver is held accountable for any/all passengers not wearing seat belts

Latest Posts

Back