• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grail Finally Arrives (R1 Pics)

Rico Kay

Oakley Expert
True story: When I was on my second Afghanistan tour, I met a Brit who looked at my Juliets and said, "nice shades mate." I asked him what he was wearing, as they were pretty bad ass - it turns out they were Romeo 1s. For years I procrastinated and never got around to getting a pair until after they were discontinued, but I finally got with it.

Big shout out to #1 Stunna (Aloha my friend!) who supplied me with this mint condition R1 frame for a steal of a deal.... it really is a flawless sample and tight like a tiger. A quick Ebay purchase for rubber and lenses, and there you have it: my final grail Oakleys - these things are awesome...... last pic with my trust Juliets

IMG_2717.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2719.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG

True story: When I was on my second Afghanistan tour, I met a Brit who looked at my Juliets and said, "nice shades mate." I asked him what he was wearing, as they were pretty bad ass - it turns out they were Romeo 1s. For years I procrastinated and never got around to getting a pair until after they were discontinued, but I finally got with it.

Big shout out to #1 Stunna (Aloha my friend!) who supplied me with this mint condition R1 frame for a steal of a deal.... it really is a flawless sample and tight like a tiger. A quick Ebay purchase for rubber and lenses, and there you have it: my final grail Oakleys - these things are awesome...... last pic with my trust Juliets

View attachment 267081 View attachment 267082 View attachment 267083 View attachment 267084
A beautiful pair together! Congrats! You won't be disappointed!!! Very nice!!!

Congrats on getting your grail. R1 a definite must. Looks great with your Juliet.

Seriously cool dude! With an assist from the man himself...Stunna!!

Grail Pair with a great story, can't beat that with a stick. Congrats!!

:drinks:

Congrats on those buddy! Nice story and glad you've ended up with a great set :)

Back