• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grail Is On Ebay But Its A Nogo.

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
Well someone posted my coveted grail piece I have been searching for today. Problem being seller says frame has small stress fractures. This really sucks as I really want a NIB or as close as I can get. What would you do? Hold off to get a better pair or try to get it cheap for the lens?
$(KGrHqFHJDcE90pevi)lBPiynWWkTQ~~60_58.JPG

Display only, or do you plan to wear it? I would go for it if it's for display and like you said at least get the lens. I personally can't do Sweep for a pair to wear.

If the lens is original I could throw them in my crystal blue pair, but I really want a crystal and blue iridium pair for wear.

are you sure the frame has 'small stress fractures' or could it be 'lines' you see on some clear frames at production level? in the pic i can see a 'line' in the area above the nose but that may not have been caused by 'stress' but there at the time of birth. this type of o matter frame i think is quite resillient so shouldnt suffer a problem with normal use. if the lens is in excellent/mint shape with the original box in the same condition id maybe 'gamble' about the frame being as it was when issued.

It's nearly impossible to find a Blade or M Frame without stress fractures though...

I'd go for it!

I had a Blade frame with stress cracks last 4yrs with continual wear...

Back