1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

Well someone posted my coveted grail piece I have been searching for today. Problem being seller says frame has small stress fractures. This really sucks as I really want a NIB or as close as I can get. What would you do? Hold off to get a better pair or try to get it cheap for the lens?
    Grail Is On Ebay But Its A Nogo. - $(KGrHqFHJDcE90pevi)lBPiynWWkTQ~~60_58.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Display only, or do you plan to wear it? I would go for it if it's for display and like you said at least get the lens. I personally can't do Sweep for a pair to wear.

3. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

If the lens is original I could throw them in my crystal blue pair, but I really want a crystal and blue iridium pair for wear.

4. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Dude good price so far, I'd say go for it, those are really hard to come bye

5. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

are you sure the frame has 'small stress fractures' or could it be 'lines' you see on some clear frames at production level? in the pic i can see a 'line' in the area above the nose but that may not have been caused by 'stress' but there at the time of birth. this type of o matter frame i think is quite resillient so shouldnt suffer a problem with normal use. if the lens is in excellent/mint shape with the original box in the same condition id maybe 'gamble' about the frame being as it was when issued.

6. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

It's nearly impossible to find a Blade or M Frame without stress fractures though...

I'd go for it!

I had a Blade frame with stress cracks last 4yrs with continual wear...

7. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I would go for it too. I had stress cracks in an old pair of FIVES that lasted forever.

8. MasChingon

MasChingon Oakley Beginner

I'd snag it and then continue the hunt until you find a new pair.

9. Croconaw

Croconaw Oakley Beginner

i would go for them dude

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

You'll regret not getting it.