• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Greetings From Surface Of The Sun (Texas)

Danny Wheeler

Oakley Beginner
DFW
Hello all:

My name is Danny (obviously) and I hail from the great state of Texas, also known this summer as the fiery cauldron of hell. Currently in DFW area, raised in West Texas, I have lived in Texas my whole life, but traveled a bit before I started my own company.

I own an IT firm here, Vaulter (Vaulter). I am active, still play softball and run around a track on occasion, thinking of taking pole vaulting back up in the spring.

I have had light-sensitive eyes my entire life, as well as a strabismus (lazy eye). For those two reasons, I started wearing sunglasses at an early age, and Oakley when I decided to wear the best. I still remember saving my odd job money at 13 to buy some original m-frames with blue iridium to play baseball in.

I have an awesome family, 3 kiddos and a hot wife who I am pretty sure was under the influence of something that targeted her ability to see me clearly, or at least her good judgement. Too late now! We are enjoying life, and I have recently decided to give in and officially admit that I am addicted to this Oakley stuff.

My collection is small because I use my glasses, usually for what there were intended, sports and activity, and that tends to break them on occasion (all the time)

At the moment:
Silver Fastjackets w/ Jade Iridium/Persimmon/Blue Iridium
White Chrome Radars w/ Blue Iridium/Ice Iridium
Matte Black M-Frames w/Grey/Clear (safety/mowing shades)
Crosshairs (2012) w/ Black Iridium

Broken:
Sqaure wires (hinge)
Why 8.2 Black Chrome/Black Iridium (lenses broke and hinge connection point, Oakely stiff arming for replacements) - Really miss these...

Lost:
Crystal Blue M-Frame w/Blue Iridium
White Pro M-Frame w/ Gold Iridium (pole vaulting glasses)
Polished Aluminum Straight Jackets w/Red Iridium (miss these the most. Best fitting pair of Oakley's ever)
Matte Black Bottlecaps (meh, no loss)

Great site, lots of awesome information, and comfort in the fact that I am not alone in my addiction :)

Danny

Welcome from Texas.
What part of West Texas were you from?
I went to High School part of the time in Abilene then in the army they stationed me back there for my last year. Moved to Dallas and now I am in Killeen.

What part of West Texas were you from?