• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grey Smoke Vs Crystal Black

da_nige

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me (or even better show me) the difference between grey smoke and crystal black frames please?

I've seen crystal black before but never grey smoke and I'm considering a pair that are grey smoke.

Thanks

Neil

I have the Grey Smoke/BI Holbrook combo. Not sure a picture would do any better than what you see on the Oakley site. The difference is so subtle, can't go wrong either way. I'd say grey is like a matte version of the crystal ... sort of like crystal clear vs. matte clear.

3y5eju7y.jpg

Crystal Black Hijinx in the front and Grey Smoke Pit Bull in the back.

The smoke is a little darker and crystal looks slightly blue. Both colors are great though.

foleyness is correct,
Grey smoke is a bit less transparent / "see-thru" , but its a nice alternative to polished black.

If you care, I am selling a pair new pair of grey smoke straight jackets with black iridium polarized lens.

Thanks guys,

Particularly useful to see the Pitbulls as that's what I'm thinking of buying!

Definitely prefer Grey Smoke to Crystal Black. Not a fan of the blueness of CB

Thanks again

Neil

yzuny5ug.jpg

I didn't like crystal black because the blue tinge as well. It reminded me of windex. I figured it would look cool with ice lenses because of the blue tint. And as you can see it did. I bought a pair of crystal black Pitbulls and will be putting ice lenses in to them as well.

Latest Posts

Back