• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grinder + Juliet = messy

Don't hate. The Elephant Man is allowed to have X Metals too! I hear the first Oakley back pack was worn by the Hunchback of Notre Dame!

How damn close to your face do you need a pair of sunglasses to sit? At that point just take off the ear stems and Gorilla glue the orbitals to your face. I have to wonder if this was an all day wear pair. Looks really comfy.

How damn close to your face do you need a pair of sunglasses to sit? At that point just take off the ear stems and Gorilla glue the orbitals to your face. I have to wonder if this was an all day wear pair. Looks really comfy.
Perhaps he was a welder by trade and wanted the glasses to fit snugly while he was attempting to strike an arc. Probably very cautious about his sight he didn't want to have a hot spark land in his pupil. He only did this because his Medusa dreads caught on fire while grinding slag at the job!:bigboss:

Perhaps he was a welder by trade and wanted the glasses to fit snugly while he was attempting to strike an arc. Probably very cautious about his sight he didn't want to have a hot spark land in his pupil. He only did this because his Medusa dreads caught on fire while grinding slag at the job!:bigboss:

A possibility, but quite unlikely, I'd think. You really need a hood to protect your face. Sunglasses would not provide near enough protection. Arc welding would be my last choice as a welder. I'd much rather use a Mig welder. Striking an arc does take some practice. Mig is much easier. I've spent some time under the hood. And he really should have tied those Medusa dreads back. Just sloppy.

Yea my dad was a welder. Lots of leather and holes for good measure. The welders helmet was like the original Medusa. If you're gonna grind on something buy some Ray Bans

Latest Posts

Back