• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grinder + Juliet = messy

Ugh.......I'm pretty sure through the heat of grinding those off the rubber inside the nose bridge is melted

Who would have thought? Oakley didn't need to spend all that money designing a perfect fit. All they needed was a man, an angle grinder and no idea if ergonomics....!!??

@THE X-MAN, I would not worry about the rubber, it probably fits him better without them. They now ride completely bareback on his face :lol:

Ok it just came in. I thought it was black lenses and they'd be trashed but it's ice polar and they're near perfect! Bonus!

The nose isn't uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I won't be chopping my Julies, but it's not bad. It's a bit cold where it touches my nose. Oh and it's a sku frame. 24-125.

@THE X-MAN I figured you'd be right about the bridge rubber being all but gone, but it's all good.

A good buy for a c note.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok it just came in. I thought it was black lenses and they'd be trashed but it's ice polar and they're near perfect! Bonus!

The nose isn't uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I won't be chopping my Julies, but it's not bad. It's a bit cold where it touches my nose. Oh and it's a sku frame. 24-125.

@THE X-MAN I figured you'd be right about the bridge rubber being all but gone, but it's all good.

A good buy for a c note.

View attachment 179000 View attachment 179001
So, I've got to know, are they really more comfortable? I'm guessing probably not... Still, could maybe use some Sugru and make new nose pieces or easily part it out for that price. Good pickup! He wanted $175 for the Mars so I passed on that bad boy...

Latest Posts

Back