• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Guide to buying xmetals

Question is it a defect if the stems touch the orbitals??. I believe I have one that does that and it's new.

Funny most will say no, and that its normal
I have been collecting Juliets for along time, maybe 15 years
What originally drew me to them was the build quality
Part of that quality was the ear stems folding perpendicular to the frames They dont touch)
I sent a brand new metal finish pair of Juliets back. I got them the vault and the stems touched the orbitals.

So for me the true work of art we call X Metal. The arms should fold perfect and stop short of touching the orbitals.
Im sure @jim jannard would agree

Here is a pic of a very Old Plasma Juliet.
Its worn, But the arms and orbitals are perfect.
And yes I unfortunately have several pair that have an arm touching an orbital.
Im thinking that there may be a way to correct these wayward souls.

IMG_20150815_222345_338.jpg

IMG_20150815_222328_011.jpg

Funny most will say no, and that its normal
I have been collecting Juliets for along time, maybe 15 years
What originally drew me to them was the build quality
Part of that quality was the ear stems folding perpendicular to the frames They dont touch)
I sent a brand new metal finish pair of Juliets back. I got them the vault and the stems touched the orbitals.

So for me the true work of art we call X Metal. The arms should fold perfect and stop short of touching the orbitals.
Im sure @jim jannard would agree

Here is a pic of a very Old Plasma Juliet.
Its worn, But the arms and orbitals are perfect.
And yes I unfortunately have several pair that have an arm touching an orbital.
Im thinking that there may be a way to correct these wayward souls.

View attachment 173731

View attachment 173732
so whats if its a romeo Jordan lol or an ichiro piece??

so whats if its a romeo Jordan lol or an ichiro piece??

For me it applies to all X metals.
Once again just my 2 cents

But if you find a pair that closes properly, no matter the style
You will appreciate what I mean when you compare it to the set you have that functions correctly.
Its really a subversion of quality control in my opinion.
Thus when I had received the New Pair of Juliets from the Vault online, the ear stems hit the orbitals
I was pissed to say the least.
Until then all of my X Metal purchases were used sets.
This was my first brand new in the box pair. This was after Jim sold the company (SIGH)
I immediately called the Vault, They were of course sold out , so all I could do was return for a refund.

But the engineering of the arms in relationship to the orbitals on any x metal should be perpendicular
Funny I have kept 3 pair of XX in my collection all of them are perfect, the ear stems dont even come close to the orbitals
Here is an XX with arms completely folded to the stop, not even close to the orbitals, in fact almost perfectly perpendicular to the frame

IMG_20150816_095149_307.jpg

For me it applies to all X metals.
Once again just my 2 cents

But if you find a pair that closes properly, no matter the style
You will appreciate what I mean when you compare it to the set you have that functions correctly.
Its really a subversion of quality control in my opinion.
Thus when I had received the New Pair of Juliets from the Vault online, the ear stems hit the orbitals
I was pissed to say the least.
Until then all of my X Metal purchases were used sets.
This was my first brand new in the box pair. This was after Jim sold the company (SIGH)
I immediately called the Vault, They were of course sold out , so all I could do was return for a refund.

But the engineering of the arms in relationship to the orbitals on any x metal should be perpendicular
Funny I have kept 3 pair of XX in my collection all of them are perfect, the ear stems dont even come close to the orbitals
Here is an XX with arms completely folded to the stop, not even close to the orbitals, in fact almost perfectly perpendicular to the frame

View attachment 173791
very interesting I have not really thought about it. I believe I have one like that not sure which though.

Latest Posts

Back