• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Guide To Getting A 1-STAR EBay Rating.

Mr. Bright5ide

Oakley Beginner
'Murica
I have received Oakleys packaged in all manner of "creative ways" (*ahem*cheap-ass*cough*) but for the most part as long as the sunglasses have survived without getting damaged as bad as the packing may have been, I'm all set. This includes some that have been shipped in their retail box that has literally just had two or three sheets of 8.5x11 US letter size pieces of printer paper stuck on the outside. This last package I received from eBay seller andyman7789 (a used but still like-new Oakley Jawbone soft vault) was just completely moronic however, enough to make me take out my camera and snap a few pictures (mind you, I had started to clean it up before thinking to take some pics), see for yourself:

IMG_01_zps477e2624.jpg

IMG_02_zps39c92eb0.jpg

IMG_0652_zps7489745d.jpg

IMG_0654_zpsb75937c6.jpg

Just to be clear, a used, dirty Quick Oats container is not a good idea if you're looking for positive seller feedback. Sure, I was able to clean it up but seriously, don't ruin your item that is clearly in good clean condition by dumping it in a filthy food container.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Just add some boiling water and you're set. When life hands you oatmeal, make um, um, oatmeal.

Holy smokes!!! I thought one of my last deliveries was the worst I've seen, but this is on another level!

If the seller would of put the oakley case in plastic bag and protected from oatmeal powder you probabaly wouldnt have been mad.

He tried. 1 star for effort!!!!

WOW! That's just unreal. I just can't even comment on how bad that is. Seems there are some interesting eBay horror stories out there.

That's a great shipping idea. LOL

The other day, I received a pair of Oaks in a Cereal Box. The guy used tons of bubble wrap, and everything was secure. I had a good laugh over that one too.

Back