• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Guide To Getting A 1-STAR EBay Rating.

I've had two sad experiences recently with the unusual packing techniques employed by sellers of second-hand Oakley goods:

I bought a "never used" white soft Vault that looked pristine in the photos, but the seller dropped it into a box filled with what looked like a whole Sunday-edition's worth of crumpled-up newspaper pages, then shipped it across the country to me. I'm still trying to get all the ink off of that grey Vault ...

The experience that made me cry was the Timebomb that looked good in the photos and even had both of the impossible-to-replace bracelet pads intact. To ship it, the seller simply placed it in a small USPS Priority box with no padding! The watch actually came through OK, but one of the bracelet pads had disintegrated in shipment. The other one looked intact, until I lifted the watch out of the box, when the remaining bracelet pad crumbled in my hands. But the watch works great!

I bought a "never used" white soft Vault that looked pristine in the photos, but the seller dropped it into a box filled with what looked like a whole Sunday-edition's worth of crumpled-up newspaper pages, then shipped it across the country to me. I'm still trying to get all the ink off of that grey Vault ...
The experience that made me cry was the Timebomb that looked good in the photos and even had both of the impossible-to-replace bracelet pads intact. To ship it, the seller simply placed it in a small USPS Priority box with no padding! The watch actually came through OK, but one of the bracelet pads had disintegrated in shipment. The other one looked intact, until I lifted the watch out of the box, when the remaining bracelet pad crumbled in my hands. But the watch works great!
Yep. No common sense. I have no had a bad experience yet but a couple of "close calls." Lack of common sense seems to be a pattern. Sellers should put themselves in the buyers shoes and pack and ship an item the same way they would like others to pack and ship if they were buying the item themselves. Maybe Ebay should have a HOW TO PACK AND SHIP CORRECTLY section in their web sites help area. :)

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but after my last 2 eBay buys, I was just curious about other members and their eBay headaches.
But damn the OPs eBay experience is a true WTF moment!
Well since I brought it up I'll just add my last 2 headaches.....got a brand new in box clear/chrome dispatch one, well the seller just stuck a label to the Oakley retail box and shipped it.....and today i got a set of icons, that got jacked up in shipping but at least the seller offered a refund(he said I'm the 3rd person to complain about icons arriving jacked up this week)
What are you complaining about? At least you had a box. My glasses and bag purchase came in a large envelope with no boxes whatsoever. Bubble wrap was limited to 1 layer. And that was for international ship....
Needless to say it got crushed.

What are you complaining about? At least you had a box. My glasses and bag purchase came in a large envelope with no boxes whatsoever. Bubble wrap was limited to 1 layer. And that was for international ship....
Needless to say it got crushed.

that large envelop thing happened to me as well. when I got the glasses, the one hinge was all busted up. I had to return them. Seller was cool about it though and he sent me the refund right away, even before I mailed the glasses back.

I had one more eBay seller issue happen to me just a couple weeks ago. This guy has to be the worst and most dishonest eBay seller I've encountered so far. He listed a pair of Jupiter Carbons as "New without Box". They did look good in the pictures (although lighting on the pictures was dark). First of all seller shipped the item 6 days after the bidding ended. When I asked him about it, he lied as well (bidding ended and I paid on Saturday, said he shipped on Wednesday, but post mark on the box said it was shipped on Friday).

When I got them, they were obviously used and beat up. Microfiber bag was dirty and have threads exposed and falling off. Frame was scratched, lenses were dirty and also scratched, rubber earpieces are not 100% attached to the stems. When I asked him about it, he did not reply until 2 days after. He also claimed that "they were a gift from a friend and I did not notice they were not new". With this pair's condition, I know even a 5 year old can tell that they are not new.

He then said that I could return them. But he never followed through with the return process, and never bothered replying to my messages. So now I had to open an eBay case and wait for weeks.

It's been 3 weeks since and I have not received the go ahead from eBay to return them, as well as the return shipping label from either eBay or the user. I also have not received my refund yet.

Sorry for the rant but that was the worst eBay experience I've ever had. And I've been on eBay since 2008.

that large envelop thing happened to me as well. when I got the glasses, the one hinge was all busted up. I had to return them. Seller was cool about it though and he sent me the refund right away, even before I mailed the glasses back.

I had one more eBay seller issue happen to me just a couple weeks ago. This guy has to be the worst and most dishonest eBay seller I've encountered so far. He listed a pair of Jupiter Carbons as "New without Box". They did look good in the pictures (although lighting on the pictures was dark). First of all seller shipped the item 6 days after the bidding ended. When I asked him about it, he lied as well (bidding ended and I paid on Saturday, said he shipped on Wednesday, but post mark on the box said it was shipped on Friday).

When I got them, they were obviously used and beat up. Microfiber bag was dirty and have threads exposed and falling off. Frame was scratched, lenses were dirty and also scratched, rubber earpieces are not 100% attached to the stems. When I asked him about it, he did not reply until 2 days after. He also claimed that "they were a gift from a friend and I did not notice they were not new". With this pair's condition, I know even a 5 year old can tell that they are not new.

He then said that I could return them. But he never followed through with the return process, and never bothered replying to my messages. So now I had to open an eBay case and wait for weeks.

It's been 3 weeks since and I have not received the go ahead from eBay to return them, as well as the return shipping label from either eBay or the user. I also have not received my refund yet.

Sorry for the rant but that was the worst eBay experience I've ever had. And I've been on eBay since 2008.

Call up ebay customer support. I had long running cases that didn't get resolved until I was on top of them and called them for updates at least twice a week.

Just when you think you've seen it all, I've just beat my own record of all time low with this 1-star packaging.

Sunglasses and bag? Check.
Large envelope? Check.
No boxes whatsover? Check.
No bubble wrap? Check.
No wrapping at all? Check.
Damaged? Hell yeh... looks as if the postie dragged it on the ground all the way from the sender to me.

In fact, there was so much dragging that there were gashes with the durable plastic envelope, there were holes in the MF bag, and the poor Ducati Juliet had part of its orbital shaved away.

Another nice pair trashed by the evil postie...

I really do wish sellers put in a moment of thought into their packaging... :headbang:

DSC_4573_sensitized.jpg

DSC_4572.jpg

DSC_4568.jpg

Just when you think you've seen it all, I've just beat my own record of all time low with this 1-star packaging.

Sunglasses and bag? Check.
Large envelope? Check.
No boxes whatsover? Check.
No bubble wrap? Check.
No wrapping at all? Check.
Damaged? Hell yeh... looks as if the postie dragged it on the ground all the way from the sender to me.

In fact, there was so much dragging that there were gashes with the durable plastic envelope, there were holes in the MF bag, and the poor Ducati Juliet had part of its orbital shaved away.

Another nice pair trashed by the evil postie...

I really do wish sellers put in a moment of thought into their packaging... :headbang:

View attachment 167524

View attachment 167525

View attachment 167526
How stupid. Poor Juliet :(

I've had two sad experiences recently with the unusual packing techniques employed by sellers of second-hand Oakley goods:

Qtrain23 is going to be making the bracelet pads sometime soon, so fear not..........

Back