• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hair gel WILL ruin Oakley lenses (duh)

Although I don’t wear hair gel, I’m beginning to think that not cleaning thoroughly enough my old Ray Bans (leaving suncream, skin oils/grease on and not cleaning them effectively) made the finish on the lenses start to peel off after around 3 years.

After seeing various posts on here, I make sure that I remove all suncreams, skin oil/grease off of my Oakley’s when I have finished wearing them for the day. Thankfully the Oakley cleaning kit makes it easy enough to remove all of the above from the lenses. And a little bit of gentle liquid hand soap rubbed gently between the fingers makes it easy to remove the above from off of the frames, nose rest, and the Unobtainium earsocks of my Tailpin’s.

Great forum guys!

I must say one of the advantages to the thinning of my hair necessitating the full shaved look is, being an Oakley fan, I no longer have to worry about my hair (or anything in it) messing with my glasses. Actually....that might be the only advantage- practically OR socially. Hmmm. Anyhoo- down with eBay idiots. :aggressive:

I bought a pair of Polished/Fire/Juliets off a buddy that hadn't worn them in years. He had put them in the bag and tossed them in the drawer. Within three wearing, cleanings the AR coating started to flake off bad. He always did wear that bed head type hair product a day they sat marinating in it for at least 9 years.

Don't forget that whole "dead sexy-to-the-wimmen" thing...
:smoke:

Um no thats what I mean-biggest myth ever and after 4 years and dates with over 250 women (and interacting with thousands) I can personally attest to the fact that only about 20% of women will accept a shaved head under the best of circumstances and less than 5% prefer it- and I had/have top 1% height working for me and women couldn't get past the lack of hair.

What an idiot. A cheap idiot too. Ths hairgels you get from Walmart and such have alcohol in them and that's where the problem is. The good hairgels at salons don't have alcohol and probably wouldn't hurt the lenses however who the hell wants to clean hair gel off of lenses? Keep it off your oily head!

Um no thats what I mean-biggest myth ever and after 4 years and dates with over 250 women (and interacting with thousands) I can personally attest to the fact that only about 20% of women will accept a shaved head under the best of circumstances and less than 5% prefer it- and I had/have top 1% height working for me and women couldn't get past the lack of hair.
4 years, 250 women, 20% of women, 5% prefer it, 1% height
this is a man that knows about numbers and % ! :cool-20: :cool-33:

Latest Posts

Back