• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half jacket 2.0 lens issue

charlie4

Oakley Beginner
New Jersey
So I picked up a pair of half jacket 2.0's tonight off a co-worker. Got home and started cleaning them and found that one lens, the right one in particular, pops out very easily and feels loose in the frame. It will even pop out when cleaning it with a cloth. Compared it to the other lens and the tabs where it seats into the frame look OK. Anyone else had this problem? Could it be just a bad lens? What do you think?

My guess would be that the tab on the inner lens tab is worn down. If that isn't the issue, check the frame itself to ensure that there isn't a problem in the trench that the lens fits into. 90% sure the problem is with the lens though. Are the lenses authentic or aftermarket? Some of the third-party lenses are thinner or could be incorrectly cut.

You can always go to an O Store and have them try a pair of replacement lenses to see if that fixes the problem.

They are authentic lenses. I just never had a problem with lenses in a frame and it's a little disappointing. Is it possible the frame got out of whack a little bit. Either way, I'll go to an O store like you said and see what happens. Hopefully thats all it is. Thanks

Back