• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket 2.0 XL Accessory/replacement Lenses????

Slicknick82

Oakley Beginner
Hey,

Just picked up a pair of these glasses with a black iridium lens....really like 'em...but, main reason was to use them
for ball. Does anyone have any thoughts on when Oakley might put out replacements lenses (i.e. yellow, orange, light grey etc)? Or, do any older version lenses fit?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Slicknick...Just buy a Flak Jacket lens....It fits...I just bought one and switched mine out. They make Clear, Yellow, and Persimmon for Flak...the Standard lens and XLJ fits the 2.0..Why wait for Oakley....get what you want now.
O-Migo

Just a quick update: Found a pair of flak XLJ's (orange) at an Oakley store. They fit great. They are not 'perfect' according to the guy who worked there, and he gave me a warning about warranty and no safety guarantee, but he (off the record) agreed that they were the best thing out there since Oakley hasn't released true 2.0 lenses yet!!! We compared them to my original black lens and they are nearly identical. They look like a perfect fit to me.

Definitely pumped about being able to use them on the field on hazy days!

Hey Slicknick...Just buy a Flak Jacket lens....It fits...I just bought one and switched mine out. They make Clear, Yellow, and Persimmon for Flak...the Standard lens and XLJ fits the 2.0..Why wait for Oakley....get what you want now.
O-Migo

Hey O-Migo,

Saw this post and got a pair of flak jacket persimmon standard lenses ordered online to replace the fire iridium lenses that came with my Half Jacket 2.0 XL frames.

I have tried installing them but am not sure if they actually fit. When trying to slot the lens to the nose bridge part of the frame, I need to force the lens 2mm more and I am scared that the frame / Lens may break.

Any thoughts or special instructions on how to fit them.

The fire iridium lenses are way too loud for me and I need to use the glasses in low light conditions.

Hey O-Migo,

Saw this post and got a pair of flak jacket persimmon standard lenses ordered online to replace the fire iridium lenses that came with my Half Jacket 2.0 XL frames.

I have tried installing them but am not sure if they actually fit. When trying to slot the lens to the nose bridge part of the frame, I need to force the lens 2mm more and I am scared that the frame / Lens may break.

Any thoughts or special instructions on how to fit them.

The fire iridium lenses are way too loud for me and I need to use the glasses in low light conditions.
Hold the frame with the new lens in one hand, and the frame in the opposite hand.

Place your thumbs on the top of the frame and wrap your opposite hand over the other lens and into the nose bridge.

Hook the temple side of the lens into the frame. Rotate the lens up until stops and the second hook won't go into the frame.

Flex the frame at the nose bridge, putting a small amount of pressure on the lens until it pops in place.

Unless you're really putting some force into it you won't break anything. Just give the frame a little bend to let the hook snap into the nose side.

Hold the frame with the new lens in one hand, and the frame in the opposite hand.

Unless you're really putting some force into it you won't break anything. Just give the frame a little bend to let the hook snap into the nose side.

Thank u rustpot,

I did try that, but the lens is bending and therefore not sitting flush on the frame.

I have a feeling that these may be standard lenses rather than the xl lenses I asked for.

Will give it another try tonight..

@batwolf, I see the replacements on the web for the 2.0. However the lenses I want have a back order with no concrete eta.

Back