• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket arms too loose; maybe a pro half jacket attempt?

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
So I have more than a few half jacket frames that I really enjoy wearing, however they have become loose over time. Has anyone had a good fix for this issue? I am contemplating some glue in the arm to make them into a 'pro' style glasses so the arms no longer bend and I can enjoy them again. Any thoughts out there on them? For these when I don't have them covering my eyes they are on top of my head so the non-bend is not too much of a concern. What do ya'll think?

If the arms are like the flak jackets. Remove the arms and dab a drop of super glue on the top of bottom of the arms to reinforce the nubs. Re install and they will fit a little tighter but will also be stronger.

On the other hand I have a pair of flak jackets that has one arm glue to the open position as the part that sits in near the orbital snapped off while I was changing the ear socks. The other arm sits in fine so when I go to put them away I put the microbag over the lenses and the folded arm and leave the open arm exposed

Back