• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket Earsocks

hardeda

Oakley Beginner
I have an old worn out pair of half jacket xljs that I wear for running and working out but I have recently decided I would paint them and fix em up a bit as kind of a project pair and see how I like the selfcustomization side of things but my main question is has Oakley ever made or is there an aftermarket brand that is of similar quality that makes earsocks/temple socks/ nose pads in any colors other than black/rootbeer/white ?

I have an old worn out pair of half jacket xljs that I wear for running and working out but I have recently decided I would paint them and fix em up a bit as kind of a project pair and see how I like the selfcustomization side of things but my main question is has Oakley ever made or is there an aftermarket brand that is of similar quality that makes earsocks/temple socks/ nose pads in any colors other than black/rootbeer/white ?

youre probably best sticking to oakley for the rubbers there. dont think theres aftermarket unobtainium for anything except Xmetals anyway..

and i think you're right, only those 3 colors for the half jacket rubbers..

I figured I was best sticking with Oakley but I know a few people have tried some aftermarket lenses and found they were of good quality...I was mainly wondering if they had any other colors out there that were maybe just discontinued that I could find somewhere

I figured I was best sticking with Oakley but I know a few people have tried some aftermarket lenses and found they were of good quality...I was mainly wondering if they had any other colors out there that were maybe just discontinued that I could find somewhere

wait do you want earsocks or Lenses? plenty of companies make HJ lenses.. but so far none quite like the Oakley lenses in terms of quality and clarity. lenses are the functional part of oakleys.. if you go aftermarket its kinda defeating the purpose. i stick to original whenever i can.

there are no aftermarket earsock companies. your choices are limited to black, white and rootbeer. black and white should suit well to custom paint jobs - you dont want too much color on there, i'll look abit too bright

wait do you want earsocks or Lenses? plenty of companies make HJ lenses.. but so far none quite like the Oakley lenses in terms of quality and clarity. lenses are the functional part of oakleys.. if you go aftermarket its kinda defeating the purpose. i stick to original whenever i can.

there are no aftermarket earsock companies. your choices are limited to black, white and rootbeer. black and white should suit well to custom paint jobs - you dont want too much color on there, i'll look abit too bright

I want earsocks I was just using the lenses as an aftermarket example

alright well thank you for the information!

Latest Posts

Back