• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket Versus Half Jacket 2.0

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Ok. I have been doing a little research on this and need some opinions and comparison pix. I have several pairs of half jackets. I love the fit and style of them. How do they compare to the 2.0 version ? I believe the half jacket frame curves better to the front of my face then a flak jacket does. My problem is no one has 2.0 in stock locally and I read flak lenses possibly fit the 2.0. Thus does the curve of the 2.0 mimic a flak jacket ? Some comparison picks would be nice if someone can post them. I would hate to buy a pair and not like them.

I think the half jacket 2.0 is a combination of both the flak jacket and the original half jacket. It definately fits more like a flak jacket (maybe a touch smaller). One thing I did not like about the half jacket 2.0 is I felt like when I put it on my face it had a "cat eye" thing going on. I have a larger head and I actually prefer the original half jackets, with the flak jackets being not far behind. I just really did not like the fit of the half jacket 2.0.

1.0 fits more snug ..2.0 has more eye coverage than flaks...Have all 3 and like all.
Half_Jacket_Comparison.jpg
Half_Jacket_vs_2_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ STi

Thanks for the pics!!!! They help alot..... I figured The 2.0 had the fit and coverage of a Flak but I wasn't sure. I have a pair of Text Flaks and they just feel like they are a little boxed in the front instead of conturing to your face. I Also like you black/white combo on the half jacket! Its a shame they dont make white nose pads!!!! Thanks dude!!!!!

Intersting From a Small head perspective I like the Flaks the best i like HJ 2.0 XL better than original because I did not like stems on original I agree with what people said abt the fits -with smaller face 2.0 doesnt have such a Cats eye look I'd try em all on first also I liked the Matte Black HJ2 more than Polished Felt it was snugger...

I think the Half Jackets 1.0 are the best work out (jogging, running, hiking, etc.) sunglasses made by Oakley in my opinion. They are a durable frame and the only thing you have to worry about is changing out the lenses every so often and actually finding a good pair of Oakley replacement lenses for them.

Back