• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Juliets

EdsJunk said:
Ok, let me do a bit of thinking and planning before I put a pair into surgery haha

What were you thinking of cutting the slot for the tabs with? Idk of anything that could cut such a small slot off the top of my head

It'll take careful planning. It's been done since he did... So gotta be possible... May Involve very precise dremel milling... When I get off my shift Tom morning I'll look at a half jacket lenses and juliets

I have seen this before, it was done with a pair of X Squared. The seller changed his name several times. He posted the same video of snapping the lenses in and out on a pair of polished XS. I asked him 1 question and he never responded.

it is clever how someone can make a half juliet or paint a frame with great artwork or alter a piece in some way to make it look good. i always have appreciated and collected original items only, and that theme runs through collecting other subjects as well, records, stamps, toys, books etc. the half juliet to me, is an original piece now destroyed, not made that way by oakley, and thus of no value at all. if i was given a pair it would not be fit for my collection, neither would any glass that has been modified away from its original production status by a third party. i respect peoples view to the contrary, but i will never be interested in acquiring something that someone has changed from the original, factory made item.

Inspiration leads to experimentation and new products.

I also think its wrong to say its worthless. It probably means a lot to who ever created it.

it is clever how someone can make a half juliet or paint a frame with great artwork or alter a piece in someway to make it look good. i always have appreciated and collected original items only, and that theme runs through collecting other subjects as well, records, stamps, toys, books etc. the half juliet to me, is an original piece now destroyed, not made that way by oakley, and thus of no value at all. if i was given a pair it would not be fit for my collection, neither would any glass that has been modified away from its original production status by a third party. i respect peoples view to the contrary, but i will never be interested in acquiring something that someone has changed from the original, factory made item.

I also like to eat raw

Latest Posts

Back