1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kyle_2012

kyle_2012 Oakley Beginner

I have a question regarding my Half Wire 2.0 Sunglasses. Two years ago I picked up a pair of square wire's and after only part of a year the hinges on them broke. Fast forward to last summer and I picked up a pair of half wire 2.0's and I noticed the hinges look similar to the square wire's. Can anybody tell me if the half wire 2.0 has the same hinge issue the square wire had?

Last edited by a moderator: 5/6/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I believe so. They have also recently been discontinued too. :(

3. kyle_2012

kyle_2012 Oakley Beginner

I remember putting on the half wire 2.0's and I fell in love with them. It wasn't until about 3 months later when I realized they had the same hinge as the squares and after that I was scared to ever wear them because I worried I would leave home with my sunglasses in 1 piece and come home with 2 pieces. I think they look as good when one is out and being active as they do in business casual for work. Very versatile and it's too bad Oakley didn't give them a chance and do more with them (i.e. more frames, lense colors, etc.)

4. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

I have half a dozen pairs of ti NSW and have never had a problem with the hinges. I think you guys need to stop sitting on your sunglasses.