• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Going To Vaults

The Romeo 2 just seems to be a much slicker version of pretty much the same thing.

I would agree with this. I give the Half X credit for the following however:

ease of wear: the spring hinges mean you can just take them on and off with no flex couplers or spreading them out (they're the only X Metal outside of the Penny you can put on and with one hand)

long term durability: lack of a flex coupler means these will last forever with no tune ups etc.

The frame may be a bit simple and lacking some inspiration, but the Half X is the most practical X Metal. With all that said? I would hesitate to buy a Half X for more than $150 and really don't see myself biting on one for anything less than $120 because it would be my knockaround frame for the house and and the like and for $150 I could have (and would rather have) a Fast Jacket XL or Split Jacket

Just checked out the Vault and low and behold they had a Plasma/Ice Iridum and Carbon/Black Iridium Half-X for $279...no box though...just the scuffed up displays that everyone tries on and gets all fingerprinty :eek:(

Just checked out the Vault and low and behold they had a Plasma/Ice Iridum and Carbon/Black Iridium Half-X for $279...no box though...just the scuffed up displays that everyone tries on and gets all fingerprinty :eek:(

Those are Polarized I'm assuming (the Half X was only issued in Ice Pol)...but that's a horrid price. you can still get either for sub $250 BNIB.

Those are Polarized I'm assuming (the Half X was only issued in Ice Pol)...but that's a horrid price. you can still get either for sub $250 BNIB.

Must've been...they were sitting beside a Stussy Hijinx and a G30 Polarized Crosshair 2.0 that were tempting me along with all the other discounted display stuff ;o)

Back