• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Hinge Broke

just a question everyone since I also own a pair of these glasses and fear they may break on me in the future. Take a look at the page in the link, about half way down the page there are some hinge i feel may work and they're cheap enough that someone may be interested in trying.

Online Store Of Assorted Eyeglass Hinges For Wood frame,Aluminium,Plastc and Metal Sunglasses

i'm thinking these
2.0mm width eyeglass spring hinges,spring hinges for eyeglass
TSH-11.jpg

or these
2.6mm width spring hinges for eyeglass
TSH-12.jpg

What does everyone think? can someone post a picture of the actual hinge that comes installed with the half x? Maybe we can find a readily available "fix"

hmmm very interesting

I agree! I am going to call Oakley Customer Care this morning and see what I can have them do.

**UPDATE**

They are completely out of any and all X Metal repair parts. The only thing they have left are lenses and those are going fast.

So I guess its either a donor pair or new frames.

Last edited:
I had offered in another thread to check into making parts for these. If someone sends me a frame with one good hinge and the other suffering from the typical break I can design a replacement.

Just need someone to loan me an otherwise useless frame for a month or so.

I had offered in another thread to check into making parts for these. If someone sends me a frame with one good hinge and the other suffering from the typical break I can design a replacement.

Just need someone to loan me an otherwise useless frame for a month or so.

If I get a replacement frame they are all yours. Heck you are close enough to me I could drop them off some weekend (assuming your location is accurate).

You're in Haslett? I need to drive to Okemos sometime in the next few weeks to fix some things at my parents' house.

You got it. I have a line on a new frame and you would be more than welcome to borrow my broken frames for a while. I am assuming you have some sort of 3D printer or the likes?

I'm an engineer. I would create the models for the parts. Another member has a 3D printer, or I can quote it out to machine shops in various materials (Delrin, UHMW, stainless, aluminum, etc etc).

Or perhaps not. I've never looked too closely at the hinge on one to know what I'd be working with. Worst case is you loaned me a frame you can't do anything with for a few weeks.

Latest Posts

Back