• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Hinge Broke

I have a 3D printer, but the material wont be strong enough to really work well.i believe im modeling in ABS plastic

Hi friends, I'm new in this forum and I see you guys have the same problem than me, The Half X Hinge broken :'(
Someone could repair the half x? or can make the hinge with the 3D printer?
I need your help for my Half X.

Thanks!!!

Hi friends, I'm new in this forum and I see you guys have the same problem than me, The Half X Hinge broken :'(
Someone could repair the half x? or can make the hinge with the 3D printer?
I need your help for my Half X.

Thanks!!!

AFAIK nobody's successfully repaired a broken half-X hinge yet. In the past qtrain23's offered to try to fab replacement parts if someone would send him a broken one (as he just asked again), but nobody has yet.

The spring hinge from China failed the pin hole is to small. I will not buy another pair of glasses from any of the Oakley companies. It's sad that they would not source the parts. They are there top of the line product. Furthermore they made me an offer because they couldn't fix a pair of glasses to replace with a newer model at a reduced cost. This was a pair of REVo sunglasses original price $250 they took in my return and charged $150. What I got was substandard the lenses had smudges on the them that wouldn't go away (they made this same offer with the half X). Now I see people say stupid things like go buy a new pair so what blah blah ect. Don't tell me that.

The spring hinge from China failed the pin hole is to small. I will not buy another pair of glasses from any of the Oakley companies. It's sad that they would not source the parts. They are there top of the line product. Furthermore they made me an offer because they couldn't fix a pair of glasses to replace with a newer model at a reduced cost. This was a pair of REVo sunglasses original price $250 they took in my return and charged $150. What I got was substandard the lenses had smudges on the them that wouldn't go away (they made this same offer with the half X). Now I see people say stupid things like go buy a new pair so what blah blah ect. Don't tell me that.
It's too bad that you have had such unfortunate experience with your Oakley's, but you shouldn't base your experience on the Half-X model, its hinge was poorly designed and it not a true example of the Oakley brand. Alas it seems you have made up your mind, perhaps you will be better served on the Costa forum, or the Wiley X forum...

Godspeed.

Latest Posts

Back