1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

My Dad recently got these glasses, wore them like three times, and now the right leg is very wobbly. I looked at them and they have almost no integrity to stay stiff and strong like the left. They can wiggle in all directions. I tried to tighten them but the screw is as tight as it gets until fear of stripping.

My only idea is the spring hinge has something wrong with it. I never had spring hinge glasses before so I am not comfortable removing the leg to see if something has slipped for fear there is like 8 pieces inside that I will never get back in place. :sad:

Anyone got advice that have done surgery on these? Or is this just a known sad fact with spring hinges?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

I have completely disassembled my half x. It was not much a challenge but i would recommend sending them to Oakley for a tune up. They will replace the hinges, screws, and if they have it the rubbers.

3. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

Yeah I called and they said it will be like $65 to do it. Dad wasn't to happy about that if it was possible to do something to fix it yourself. Figured I'd ask here before either.

4. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

Problem would be finding the spring hinges. Pretty easy to do if you can find parts.

5. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

I called last week and they told me they have NO rubbers.