1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. alcapon1

alcapon1 Oakley Enthusiast

I have a complete collection of the X metal line ( not including every pair, just pairs representing all the different models) but I dont know if I want to finish it off with a pair of half X. To me they are the black sheep of the X metal line and kinda lame. Am I wrong here or should I just get a pair and call it a day. Thinkin plasma and ice...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

If you want to have a complete collection I would say at least get one, otherwise I wouldn't go for them.

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I had some. They're ok looking, but don't really fit in. I saw just go for it for the complete set

4. alcapon1

Ya, they are not too expensive so I was thinking that they would make a good filler at least or I can tuck in the corner .lol

5. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

I struggle with the same question, I don't like them and don't want them, but keep thinking to get a pair just because!!

6. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

they are an x-metal no doubt.

7. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have a 1 pair of polished Half X. For me I think they look better with my bigger mug than Juliets. Juliets are a bit small for me but I still purchased a few cuz I just like them. The XX would probably be best for me but just haven't found any in excellent condition that will satisfy my OCD. (Oakley Compulsive Disorder).

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i made it my mission to represent each of the 8 models with the Xmetal colorway - 7/8 now, with the elusive penny still not in my grasps. I do have 3 other pennys though, and 10 juliets, and 2 R2's...

i say go for it. historically wise, it marks the point where oakley decided to do something about the flexcoupler issue, either making a filler piece (while they tested new mechanisms) or seeing how well it could cope with only a spring hinge and no flex couplers.

sure the fit isnt as great, but lesson learnt, and they redesigned the flex coupler to allow at least easier dismantling of the nosebridge in the Xsq. which meant no worn rivet hole problems, which were about 50% of the longevity issues in the older flex couplers. the Xsquared, when tuned up, will always go back to being 100% as there are no rivets/rivet holes that would wear away over time.

9. Max Fearlight

Max Fearlight Oakley Beginner

id say why not. at the right price though. in some respects i prefer the cleaner lines of the half-x to the romeo 2.

10. alcapon1

great comments from everyone, I am sold for sure on picking up a pair. My collection include so far....2 pair 1st gen Juliet X-Metal serials, 1 Penny x metal non-serial, Romeo 2 carbon, tio2 XX 1st 6000's serial, Romeo 1 11,000 with original red ear socks, Mars Leather 12,000 serial, X squared carbon emerald, and now I am thinking a plasma half x frame with ice would round out the collection. I was also thinking about a vr28 or ichiro but these are more like cherries so to speak maybe a 24k XX to bring in the original gold colorway. All my stuff is BNIB too so its like my little museum/ backdrop for my wearable stuff.