• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Lens Modding

Zax

Chicago
Sooooo I finally was able to work out a deal to get me some Half X's! OBlazer is helping me out big time with this one. However, I was trying them on and the lenses seem really big for how small the frame is. Has anyone tried to modify their Half X lenses? I was thinking of just taking another lens that was similar (I'm guessing the Flak Jacket Standard), and trace it onto the frame and cut it down to size. Wondering if anyone had suggestions on lens compatibility in terms of sizing.

since lenses are pretty easy to cut (the o-review document), im just wondering about design before i mask up and dremel. they are warm grey lenses anyways so not much fuss involved. just want to get it right! (Dr. Chop is abit far away from me to pay postage both ways for work on just 1 pair of lenses!)

Yeah, I was thinking of taking the belt sander to it and just trim it down little by little lol. May not be the most practical way...but...

It not that easy and the o-review document is Dr. Chop's. Dr. Chop is THE Master at lens modding. It takes some practice, so I would highly recommend try it on a few junk lenses first.

Don't know if this is considered modding, but I bent the Half X Frame at the nosebridge to make it a little flatter fitting. I did the same thing with the Hatchet too actually, bending the nose bridge a little and bending the arms a little bit at the hinge. Probably not good for the frames themselves, but they fit a lot better!

Don't know if this is considered modding, but I bent the Half X Frame at the nosebridge to make it a little flatter fitting. I did the same thing with the Hatchet too actually, bending the nose bridge a little and bending the arms a little bit at the hinge. Probably not good for the frames themselves, but they fit a lot better!

ouch! that would kill resale though..

Back