• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Lens Modding

Don't plan on reselling the Hatchet actually. I thought about it, but I've grown to like it. Bending the frame around actually made them more comfortable, and pushed the outside of the bottom lenses further from my face, giving my eyelashes room to batter heh. With the Half X small nose bombs, they were pushed up to a point where they rest comfortably and efficiently. The arms don't squeeze as bad, but curve. I'm not sure if they made the hatchet for those with just bigger heads from front to back, but the arms extend a crazy amount! More than any pair I own in my collection. I was going to start doing: Oakley of the week videos on my channel. Maybe I'll debut it with these haha. The Half X was pretty mild. I just gently pushed the orbitals outward while keeping the middle part wedged. It only altered slightly, but it made a difference!

Btw, I've done this with a pair of Fives 4.0's when I had them. Took a blowdryer and heated up the O Matter. Then, I put pressure down to make the frame more Asian Friendly. Worked wonders!

Btw, I've done this with a pair of Fives 4.0's when I had them. Took a blowdryer and heated up the O Matter. Then, I put pressure down to make the frame more Asian Friendly. Worked wonders!

I might end up doing this with a set of Holbrooks to open up the curl of the stem to give them a bit more length. Kinda risky, but I think Oakley frames are pretty resilient from reading things like the Bulletproof Dremel mods to the Fuel Cell.

I modded Fuel Cell lenses to fit my custom polished Jury. Don't use a belt sander!!! I would invest in a dremel and the proper bits along with some 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper..... A dremel will be a tool you use in the future. Especially if you plan on doing a few others. If not buy a used one one Ebay..... I planned on doing a pair of Half X's, but the pair I had I sold. Now I want another pair just to try the mod. Kinda twisted ehhh, buy a pair of Oakley's just to see if the mod works!

I modded Fuel Cell lenses to fit my custom polished Jury. Don't use a belt sander!!! I would invest in a dremel and the proper bits along with some 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper..... A dremel will be a tool you use in the future. Especially if you plan on doing a few others. If not buy a used one one Ebay..... I planned on doing a pair of Half X's, but the pair I had I sold. Now I want another pair just to try the mod. Kinda twisted ehhh, buy a pair of Oakley's just to see if the mod works!

All depends on the belt sander. I find the Dremel to be a very crude tool. A nice belt sander with a proper platen will work a ton better than a Dremel cutting wheel.

Maybe working in a shop that specializes in metal finishing has spoiled me, but there are MUCH better options than a Dremel.

I didn't have issues with my Belt Sander. I used the one at the High School I taught at. I was able to wet sand it to create a smooth finish. It's not sharp at all, and doesn't look bad at all either. I would use a Dremel though to make the initial cuts. I want to experiment with the Half Jacket XLJ's too. I find the XLJ's kinda big, but the standard fit too round. It would be nice to have something more squarish :). Also wanted to take some M Frame lenses that are pretty cheap right now and cut them down for the Gascan. That might need the Dremel. The Belt sander wasn't a bad choice for a half frame option though, from my experience at least.

Back