1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. obiwan

obiwan Oakley Beginner

I notice there isn't too much chatter or love for the half-x, why is this, they are a nice design, similar to the romeo 2, pretty cheap on the secondary market too/

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

I need some for my collection

3. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I'm not a fan of them. They just look like a half jacket because of the lens size and the smooth nose bridge/lack of flex coupler. They just don't really look like metals to me.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

besides the material used, it has no designing features of the Xmetal line. No Flex couplers, no t-shock hinge system (spring hinges). I have a NIB pair, but just for completion sake. I hear it's comfy though.

5. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

It's not really an x metal...its a half wire. For all the reasons stated above. It's a very serviceable model...but no way worth close to its $400 retail....and I've seen some models sell for as low as $120 BNIB

6. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

I love my half x. Just hecause they dont have shox or flex nose i feel it is still an x metal. They were trying to avoid tuneups on a loose flex nose bridge. They are atill made out of x metal and hqve t6 screws and a coin. I would like to get another pair but it will have to wait.

7. throwbackchampion

throwbackchampion Oakley Beginner

For me Half X is the big brother of Half Wire w/ a mixed of romeo 2 or something whatsoever. Only got one recently though just to complete all of my x-metal variations. Got it brand new for a trade for my 4 month old blackberry storm phone.

Half X Carbon
    Half-X Love - 6907768655_4164003e15_z.jpg
    Half-X Love - 6907768909_9e4375e98c_z.jpg

Attached Files:

8. a.p

a.p Oakley Beginner

underrated good fit sleek look

9. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

nice thread title, i do have a strong passion for these, enough to have collected all 6, and feel they could become sought after in years to come. some models gain more attention long after they have been discontinued and that could happen with these, especially being an x metal. as they were available during the box style change-over, anyone wanting more than one may elect to go for both box types to capture the difference.

10. obiwan

obiwan Oakley Beginner

I have one pair, the fit for me is tight, I need to extend the arms to the stops to put them on then, they are pretty tight. Guess my melon is too wide for these, I do like the look.