• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half-x replacement hinges

new half x replacement hinges should be:

• metal, non flexible and should not have those dreaded springs

• non-metal, but flexible hinge mechanism without springs

• same as OEM design flaw with dreaded metal spring hinges

• forgotten and erased from the history once and for all

Results are only viewable after voting.

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
Yes, the bane of x-metals and their dreaded hinges now may have a possible route to resurrection. I've spoken with a few manufacturers and due to the non-standard design of these OEM hinges, only 1 shop came back with a possible solution. It'd be either a non-flex metal hinge or a flexible non-metal non-spring hinge. What does the community think? If there's sufficient interest in these then I can find out about the finer details and get some prototypes going.

Of course all metal would be best, but if you remove the flex in the hinges they will not fit most people. The rigidity of the titanium frame needs to have flex somewhere unless you have a really small head.

Of course all metal would be best, but if you remove the flex in the hinges they will not fit most people. The rigidity of the titanium frame needs to have flex somewhere unless you have a really small head.

Good point.

Hi friends!
I'm one of those who need the half x hinges, but looks like there's no solution to this problem. If someone have a solution, I hope you can post the solution to everyone and bring back to life our Half X.

Greetings from Mexico!

Back