• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half x titanium replacement hinge

Having a hard time sourcing all the bits cheaply to make an affordable hinge. This will be a few more months R&D especially now that I killed 2 of my smartphones with designs gone with it

it's coming along slowly. Getting some more prototype hinges delivered soon. Cursed little things cost a bomb lol!

This is the lifeline my half x have been waiting for I've tried all sorts of repair companies and even bought similar looking parts from China with no luck I really hope you can find what you need to get these into production

Gotta ask, Penny and Half X have the same hinge mechanism correct? So why do I hear much more Half Xs breaking and not as many Pennies? Does the mechanism changed between models, the half x design is cheaply made vs the penny's, are people just not careful with the half x? Anyway, I've got a Penny and planning on getting a Half X, so the sooner Jd gets this going the better for all of us. Good luck man!

Gotta ask, Penny and Half X have the same hinge mechanism correct? So why do I hear much more Half Xs breaking and not as many Pennies? Does the mechanism changed between models, the half x design is cheaply made vs the penny's, are people just not careful with the half x? Anyway, I've got a Penny and planning on getting a Half X, so the sooner Jd gets this going the better for all of us. Good luck man!
They are definitely a different hinge. I've heard of some issues with the penny but not near as many and they have been around for much longer. I still wear mine regularly... but gently ;)
IMG_5234.JPG

Back