• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Worth It?

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
So I have always been a Juliet guy, but recently I have seen the Half X and it seems like something I would be interested in getting. It helps that the lenses are on sale at the vault. Anyway, I have read a few reviews on the net and some people love em, and some people hate em. Just wanted to see what feedback everyone has here on if I should buy a pair or just stick to my Juliets.

They are quite small. I was shocked at how much smaller they are than the Juliet's. Didn't stand a chance of fitting my large face

They are kind of crappy. The spring hinge is known to break, rendering them useless.

+1

pupusasrock, search the forum a little bit and you'll see a lot of hinge problems with Half X. Try the R2 - they're also a half frame but have the same flexible nosebridge as Juliets and no problems with hinges. I also think they look better than Half X, IMHO.

I like them. They are a tad small for my face but i still enjoy them from time to time. I hope i dont have a problem with the spring hinge in the future bc that would suck but i dont wear them often anyway. They are alot more "conventional" than all the other x metals so they def dont carry the same aesthetics but they are a nice frame. if you pull of half jackets i think youll like these and if the price is right go for it bro.

I have a few pair of the Half X and like them. No troubles yet. As far as I can tell they are about the same shape as a Juliet although the Half X has shorter ear stem like XS. The lenses are larger/taller than Juliet.

So I have always been a Juliet guy, but recently I have seen the Half X and it seems like something I would be interested in getting. It helps that the lenses are on sale at the vault. Anyway, I have read a few reviews on the net and some people love em, and some people hate em. Just wanted to see what feedback everyone has here on if I should buy a pair or just stick to my Juliets.
Usually the people who complain about them complain about their lack of originality but the people who love them love them for how well they fit and work. The hates are more of opinion. The loves are not. These are by far my favorite pair. They fit nearly identical to a flak but heavier

+1

pupusasrock, search the forum a little bit and you'll see a lot of hinge problems with Half X. Try the R2 - they're also a half frame but have the same flexible nosebridge as Juliets and no problems with hinges. I also think they look better than Half X, IMHO.
Where the half x has the stem problems other x metals have the nose bridge issues.

Where the half x has the stem problems other x metals have the nose bridge issues.

True, but the nosebridge thing is a designed-wear component that can be tuned up. Since Oakley no longer supports them, nobody else has come up with a solution to the spring hinge problems yet, as far as I can tell.

To be clear, though, I'm no HX expert and bow to the opinion of those more experienced. I just know I'd buy R2 over HX any day, if in the market for half-frame x-metals.

I just got my Half X and I like them. Time will tell on how they hold up but I won't be wearing them all the time since I rotate all my Oakleys.

Back