• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Worth It?

Why not have someone contact Oakley? I am sure they have 1000's of the hinges. They do come out and you can replace them.

It sounded to me like there was no available service. If you can get Oakley to fix them, then by all means go do that.

What was made can be remade, it just might cost as much as the glasses when you deal in small quantities.

I design parts and have relationships with several machine shops. If you need some stuff done up I'm happy to help in any way I can. It's just gotta be a weekend project. I can't really do nice sculpted 3D surfaces like the frame of a pair of glasses, that's just not something I've ever really done.

okay I got my half x 2 pairs of them stem hinge problems a very major issue mines does not open as wide as the other one I tried several times on trying to fix em without luck. I like them because I have a small face it fits me right do I love it more than my Juliets or x metal xx no its nice to have them collecting wise the lenses are available at the vault for cheap that's the positive side of it my concern is if the hinges breaks its a done deal for this glasses it will be basically useless as its nobody can replace or repair them as for the juliets, x metal, x squared , romeos we can beat the crap out of it we have the x man or the HQ to tighten them plus parts and rubbers are available.

Got a quick question for you guys and sorry for being off topic. But is $430 to much for a pair of Half X? model number is 12-945?
Thanks for any help

Thanks for your feed back. Any idea on what would be the correct price? Thanks again

The carbon frame is the hardest of them to find. I have seen the frames themselves go for $100 with no lenses, no box. So it's really based on completeness and condition, of course what your willing to spend factors in also

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back