1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

I purchased my first complete pair of x-metals and it's a Half X... I really wanted the second gen coin and I wanted this frame in carbon or polished. I paid a little more than I usually would, but I like them more than I expected to! They have the original BIP (one scratch) and bronze polarized installed. The hinges, frame and box seem like new. Trying to decide on lens color. Just the Mars to go...
    Half Xcited!?! - image.jpg Half Xcited!?! - image.jpg Half Xcited!?! - image.jpg Half Xcited!?! - image.jpg Half Xcited!?! - image.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I believe OakleyVault.com still has some half-X replacement lenses available. Selection is sparse but price is a steal...

3. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

I was looking at those a while ago for no good reason, but will have to look again... Thanks

4. 96.SVT.COBRA

96.SVT.COBRA Oakley Enthusiast

So first gen coin is the smaller one and the larger coin is the 2nd gen? Good lookin pair

5. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

First gen coin is the bigger flat one, second gen is smaller but thicker.

No separate nose, no jet intake, weird earstems - the Half X really is the Jon Snow of the range... Still, essential if you're collecting the family.

6. 96.SVT.COBRA

96.SVT.COBRA Oakley Enthusiast

Gotcha, I have the large, flat one and I thought it was an early one based on when I purchased it. I like the frame though myself and wear em quite often.

7. kronin323

Bastard!!! :D

But actually Jon Snow may be the key to the series... PM me if you want the speculation, that GRRM has maybe confirmed...

Carrera1963 likes this.
  8. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I'm towards the end of the second volume of a Storm of Swords, so trying to avoid any speculation right now :)

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Congrats bro i for one dont like em fits small and hinges break.

10. kronin323

IMO (and that of others), that one (book three) was the best of the series, to date... Enjoy! :D

Carrera1963 likes this.