• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hand Painted Artist Items..

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
I have to try to track one down for myself first ;-)

You're opening old wounds man. Members on here tried to purchase some of the Frogskins from Charlie Restless as seen in the vid and he screwed them over. They lost 100's of $ as he ran off with their money without ever sending them any glasses.

what he said. i was one of the lucky ones to get my money back.

I recall there was a competition for artists to produce their work on a pair of glasses and there were 50 entries, and the images were on the internet of each pair at the time, I remember there were some Hijinx and possibly all of them were that model, the winner chosen was the Hijinx - Polished Black - Warm Grey 24-101 Who Is This Kid, which became a 300 issue production UK exclusive. I am sure there are many other items that people have painted, whether artists or individuals having fun, in reality anyone can paint a sunglass frame, but maybe the main priority is to collect the factory made releases sanctioned by Oakley, and even if the company were behind the one off pairs, there isn't enough to go around so the easiest option is to forget those pairs unless you luck upon them. I have a pic of a pink and white one off Gascan painted by Flores, and heard Petterson painted other Frogskins other than the official 50.

Oakley had numerous sunglasses at night events where many one offs were produced.

Back