• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Ok, I'm new-old-school - a "handle" is the name you use online (originates from the CB days, IFIAK).

In my day, the rules were only two:
- don't use your real name.
- use the same handle for all of your online presences; builds your rep across the 'net.

(A later rule was to use an alphanumeric handle, either as a numeric suffix or via character substitution, in order to help avoid duplicates)

I've noticed here some people use their real names, while many others use a handle specific to this forum and use different ones elsewhere.

I don't really care; whatever floats your boat. What I'm curious about is why you chose the handle you did. Any story behind it, boring or otherwise?

I'm kronin323. There's a story behind both the kronin part and the 323 part; neither are particularly interesting, but I'm willing to share if you are...

I'm specifically reaching out to those who reuse their handles outside of this forum or use non Oakley-based handles for whatever reason, but all are welcome to post their story... bring it on!

Yep, already been done, I guess...:headbang:

It's amazing how hit-or-miss the search here can be, based on the keywords you choose. Makes you appreciate how well google can drag out relevant results that aren't exact matches.

Oh well, if anyone still wants to share on this thread, please be my guest. Or we can just revive the original thread; it's only about 6 months idle, not too long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back