• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend 2014, and 2015! Any Plans?

I spent the long weekend in a cabin with family. We went to a water park for one day, and floated down the Chattahoochee River on another day. The other days were spent walking around and enjoying the German fare in the town of Helen GA. It was a perfect Memorial weekend.

Last edited:
I spent the long weekend in a cabin with family. We went to a water park for one day, and floated down the Chattahoochee River on another day. The other days were spent walking around and enjoying the German fare in the town of Helen GA. It was a perfect Memorial Day weekend.
Helen is such a pretty place!

Helen is such a pretty place!
It really was awesome. I was very happy to find my favorite German beer, Erdinger. The schnitzel was great as well as those tasty German pretzels that are actually flown in from Munich. We will definitely be returning to Helen!

It really was awesome. I was very happy to find my favorite German beer, Erdinger. The schnitzel was great as well as those tasty German pretzels that are actually flown in from Munich. We will definitely be returning to Helen!
I been there as a child... Very scenic! And everyone who goes there for the first time goes back again.

I started this thread because I didn't have any real plans but it ended up being a pretty full weekend. Friday night dinner at Plucker's followed by some ice cream at Mickey D's so The Kid could play on the playground...

Saturday the house was unusable while repairs / remodeling going on so went to the local aquarium then lunch at Mighty Fine then to the outlet mall... with a Vault. Tried on a bunch of frames, got selfies wearing ice polar carbon blades and deep blue polar M2s, checked out some backpacks (KS and mech), talked to a few of the salespeople, one knew his x-metals, got laughed at when I asked if they'd sell one of their single-wides... Dinner at a local pho shop which had seasonal crawfish.

Sunday took The Kid to disney on ice - I always like the kid shows where they throw in a little sumtin-sumtin for the dads (thank you little mermaid routine). The Kid went to a b-day party afterwards while I got some stuff done, dinner some Texas BBQ from Smokey Mo's (brisket, ribs, sausage).

Monday it rained all day and I didn't do anything.

And the whole weekend I pretty much stayed off the forum, just to take a break. But others didn't; I guess some people were reading my older posts because over the weekend I broke 500 likes (thanks @i am rich for like #500, and thanks everybody for all the others...)

Then today I had to travel to Toronto, got delayed 6 hours and didn't get to the hotel until after midnight, where I now sit catching up on a weekend worth of forum activity and writing this post...

Did a 1800 mile motorcycle ride hitting Santa Cruz, SF, Yosemite, a forest service road back in the sticks that went to 7000 ft elevation, and back to So Cal all over hell's half acre. Wearing polarized XS's.
IMG_4416.jpg
IMG_4496.jpg
mile high curve overlooking Mammoth Pools
IMG_4504.jpg
Bike at 7000 ft on a one lane cutoff road that's absolutely surreal riding a Harley thru. Cuts right thru a deep dark forest with places so thick light seems to disappear. Meadows...Deer... I saw four jeeps coming down as i was going up. It was a longggg ride. Glad to be back home.
Tim

yneheqyr.jpg

Had ridiculous amounts of fun at the beach with 10 very close friends and some of our girls.

Did a 1800 mile motorcycle ride hitting Santa Cruz, SF, Yosemite, a forest service road back in the sticks that went to 7000 ft elevation, and back to So Cal all over hell's half acre. Wearing polarized XS's.
IMG_4416.jpg
IMG_4496.jpg
mile high curve overlooking Mammoth Pools
IMG_4504.jpg
Bike at 7000 ft on a one lane cutoff road that's absolutely surreal riding a Harley thru. Cuts right thru a deep dark forest with places so thick light seems to disappear. Meadows...Deer... I saw four jeeps coming down as i was going up. It was a longggg ride. Glad to be back home.
Tim
Beautiful bike, and view as well! You made quite a trip.

Back