1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Someone is gonna be upset when they get those.

CarGuy likes this.
  3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

What do you guys mean?

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

is it a custom?

5. CarGuy

The label pic is pretty "strategic" in that it (conveniently) omits the serial number. No mention is made in the listing that it is a serialized frame and no pic of a serial sooo.... (cue Washi)

That's my guess.

6. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

clever... i hope the buyer would notice that...

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

This is Juliet polish slate ichiro signature series, item are never used , the frame are tight and no scratch , there is a tiny hairline on the etching lens but won't affect your vision, this item are serial with comes original box, rubbers and paper works ..., Feel free to ask if you have some question..,,,

8. CarGuy

I stand corrected, but am still skeptical...

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Well u can always ask for more pics from the buyer if needed be. 950 is a little rough though.

10. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Ichiro spares hit the market in such numbers that it's entirely right to be sceptical unless you can see the serial. The only exception is the polished/emerald slate pair, where the later US run had no serials, everything, and I mean everything, else should have a serial.

The box is important too, but not necessarily a guarantee - just this week I saw a first release Ichiro, which are pretty uncommon now, box perfectly correct. But the glasses were a JB serial - with Ichiro lenses sure, but not an Ichiro pair. So the seller now has boxed customs that look like Ichiros and a loose genuine Ichiro pair, significantly increasing the value to him/her.

With Ichiro prices going up, I encourage everyone buying one to really do their homework first. Especially if there's no box, you might well be getting a clone and you'll have to decide for yourself the value you place on that.

WantJuliet and kronin323 like this.