• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HARDEST/MOST DIFFICULT Lens Swap??! What Have You Tried! SHARE!

This may sound silly but I have a battle with my x squared every now and then. The bottom corner by the orbital screw is deep and threatens to gouge my lenses. I've had easy swaps and I've had pita runs too. What is the best series of areas to push out first ? Lol :oops:
This. I've had issues with the xs as well. They're almost too stiff or something.

This. I've had issues with the xs as well. They're almost too stiff or something.
I was beginning to think it was just me. Yes, too stiff to pull the orbital apart to pop the lens out without endangering the iridium coating on the corner.

My Spike lenses have lived out their usefullness so I bit the bullet and picked up some from Revant. I couldn't get the left lens in after a lot of wrestling. I was worried about tweaking the frame out of shape so I stopped and sent them back thinking they were defective. After all, I could still get the original lenses back into the frame. I'm waiting on replacement from them now. Hopefully I can wedge those bad boys in this time. Like the Spikes a lot, although a bit heavy on the nose.

My Spike lenses have lived out their usefullness so I bit the bullet and picked up some from Revant. I couldn't get the left lens in after a lot of wrestling. I was worried about tweaking the frame out of shape so I stopped and sent them back thinking they were defective. After all, I could still get the original lenses back into the frame. I'm waiting on replacement from them now. Hopefully I can wedge those bad boys in this time. Like the Spikes a lot, although a bit heavy on the nose.
Get the TI frames way more comfortable for that reason, i have been able to swap out a few pairs of lenses, they are a hassle though

Back