1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

As with the Oakley site, they have a section called "Bloody Eye" in the community tab. There, people tell stories of potential severe eye damage that could have occured from not wearing their Oakley eye wear. Yes some of them had some severe facial injuries but they credit their Oakley's to saving their eyesite.

About 4 years ago I was doing some work involving the use of 40-45 inch worm drive clamps. These are exactly the same type used in the automotive or plumbing industry for clamping hoses, only these were much longer. They have a quick release swivel on them once they are loosened to ease their removal. I was removing one, and as the tension loosened up it sprung open and then came back striking me in the face, causing me to jerk my head back. When I opened my eyes I noticed a gouge in the center of my left lens in my Oakley Half Jackets. I took off my sunglasses to discover the sharp metal end had gouged and grooved the lens approx. 1/2 inch long and deep. I credit my sunglasses that day to saving my eyesite, as I believe the force of that clamp springing back would have cleary damaged my eye without protection.

If you have a story to share, please do.

flyer likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jim FactoryPilot Barker

Jim FactoryPilot Barker Oakley Beginner

I remember standing by the side of the road one day in my XX and as a car went past about 60mph i saw an inch big stone fly up from its wheel and head straight for my face.... was coming so fast i couldn't move just shut my eyes! it hit me square in the centre of my left lens and BOUNCED off.... no Oakleys and i'd have lost that eye EASY! still have those XX in my cabinet, knackered and with a tiny pit in one lens.....

3. Streamline

Streamline Oakley Beginner

Carrying a piece of re bar to the car, accidentally jammed it against my bumper when I was fumbling with my keys. Pole vaulted off the bumper as I was walking and jammed into the lens of my Polarized Romeo 2.0's. Left 1/32" gouge in my lens...coulda been my eye.

4. Oakley413

Oakley413 Oakley Beginner

Working on a synthetic ice rink and when I was prepping the "ice" for that night I was skating with a squeegee and there was a staple on the end of the handle that I didn't see. I caught a dry spot on the surface and the end of the squeegee hit my face and the staple scratched across the whole lens about 1/2 way through. I was wearing my Polished Holbrook's with 24k lenses. They look good and save eyes.

5. transistor281

transistor281 Oakley Beginner

I got nailed between the eyes from a line drive baseball today, I am pretty sure if I wasn't wearing the M frames I would have gotten knocked out
    Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - 2a6mudw.jpg

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - 34fb42c.jpg

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - m76crn.jpg

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - 108a0lh.jpg

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - 2d6li7r.jpg

6. HaoleBilt

HaoleBilt Oakley Collector

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - image.jpeg
    Not me but my sister in laws boyfriend

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  7. transistor281

transistor281 Oakley Beginner

holy hell, wtf happend?

8. HaoleBilt

HaoleBilt Oakley Collector

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury? - image.jpeg
    Using a trimmer fell down hill and trimmer whacked him across face.

9. Spectoworld

Spectoworld Oakley Beginner

Sunglasses can protect you against possible eye damage , as there will be a shield against the eyes before any intruding element reach them.

10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Here's a zombie thread with actual ****ing zombie pictures!!!!