• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Else Tried Nano Clear?

JacketFan

Oakley Beginner
The Hydrophobic coating?

It doesn't work! I don't think it does anyway. My sunglasses that come with a coating applied stock, well they just make water run off right away, the ones with the nano clear coating don't. I don't think I noticed a difference.

As you mentioned some glasses already have it on there. When that's the case it's best to wait a few weeks (or maybe more depending on how often you use your glasses) to apply a new coating.

Personally it works well for me and keeps my glasses cleaner longer.

That stuff works great! Most of the sport frames come with it applied already. Just about everything else I put it on every couple months and it makes cleaning that much easier.

If you let the NanoClear sit on you lenses longer it works better...atleast in my experience.

But I think the lenses that come pre-treated with the Hydro treatment are definitely better.

Ok my conclusion is that this stuff sucks! No replacement for hydrophobic coating from the factory. True hydrophobic Oakleys bead up so quickly it's amazing. I can't get this nano clear stuff to do anything remotely similar

It's really meant to be used on non-Hydrophobic glasses. For example if you apply it to Flak lenses it will bead up and may seem like it isn't working.

BTW this could've been asked in the cleaning thread as I also discussed the Nano Clear kit.

Latest Posts

Back