• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Had Their Oakleys Save Their Eyes In Real Life?

Chaseme

Oakley Beginner
Austin, TX
I think most of us have seen the videos of projectiles shot into lenses, but has anyones eyes actually been saved from the lenses?

I imagine most of these will be freak accidents and borderline graphic.

The testimonials on the USStandardIssue site are lengthy, numerous, detailed, and extremely impressive FWIW.

Working construction in Joplin MO. last summer after the tornado, I was starting to nail in a nail, hit it wrong and it flew loose. Flew into the lense of my Flaks. Left only a little scratch but my eye probably would have been injured had it hit it.

I've had ricochet and bounce back hit me in the face at the shooting range. I don't know if any have hit my glasses for certain, but I've gotten cut up to know that had they hit my eye I may be blind.

One in particular was shooting steel practice before a match. There were maybe 5-6 of us shooting a resettable Bianchi plate rack in turn at about 15 yards. I was behind and off to the side of a guy shooting .44 revolver hand loads, maybe 1-2 yards back and 1-2 to his left to work the rope reset so he could shoot 2-3 strings. He started hammering the plates and before he was done with the sixth I was on my knees with my hands over my head and I had a cut forehead and 3-4 more in my arms. A combination of his load and the bullet design was causing a ton of lead to come back in a conical path since he was leaving small divots in the steel, so the shooter had no idea and most everyone else was far behind or off to the sides and didn't notice.

I've had a ton more junk fly at me like that, but that was by far the worst I've ever gotten it while shooting

Rustpot said:
I've had ricochet and bounce back hit me in the face at the shooting range. I don't know if any have hit my glasses for certain, but I've gotten cut up to know that had they hit my eye I may be blind.

One in particular was shooting steel practice before a match. There were maybe 5-6 of us shooting a resettable Bianchi plate rack in turn at about 15 yards. I was behind and off to the side of a guy shooting .44 revolver hand loads, maybe 1-2 yards back and 1-2 to his left to work the rope reset so he could shoot 2-3 strings. He started hammering the plates and before he was done with the sixth I was on my knees with my hands over my head and I had a cut forehead and 3-4 more in my arms. A combination of his load and the bullet design was causing a ton of lead to come back in a conical path since he was leaving small divots in the steel, so the shooter had no idea and most everyone else was far behind or off to the sides and didn't notice.

I've had a ton more junk fly at me like that, but that was by far the worst I've ever gotten it while shooting

That's intense

Working construction in Joplin MO. last summer after the tornado, I was starting to nail in a nail, hit it wrong and it flew loose. Flew into the lense of my Flaks. Left only a little scratch but my eye probably would have been injured had it hit it.

Same with me but m frames.

I've had rocks come back into the lens of my Oil Rigs and leave a gouge or two while using the weed whacker. I can't imagine my eyes would have been fine after that.

I crashed while mountain biking in a pair of Eye Jackets... Broke my orbital socket and had to have plastic surgery to repair it.
The lens saved my eyeball though... :cool:

This pic was taken a few days after my sixth and last surgery.... Still bruised months after the crash!

9433_100479819977398_100000461407075_11227_2722642_n.jpg

Wrecked my four wheeler years ago, long story short, ended up with laforte 2 breaks, I've got 8 metals plates and 30 screws in my face now, had pro m frames on when I wrecked. Thank the Lord it wasn't worse.

Back