• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Had Their X Metals Custom Painted Or Powder Coated?

Makes sense!

It just confused me a bit, as if he's just seeing it for the first time, even though he's been part of the conversation.

MB³

We for $70 more, I can buy this and do the gold plating myself and by the looks of the technique being used with the wand, I won't have to dismantle my X Metals; I just need to be meticulous about masking off the area that I don't want painted, when I get to the orbs.

24KT Gold Chrome Silver Rhodium Plating Machine | eBay

As for polishing the frame, how would that be done; what's the easiest way?

What do you guys think about the plating kit!?

MB³

The key element will be the polishing. Chroming or plating quality and shine/reflective qualities all are dependent on a PERFECT polished reflective surface. Any texture or pits will show big time. Much of the time, the under coatings like copper are used as filler so to speak and then re polished. Why don't u just step up and buy a 24K original Oakley set and then send the worn set to X-Man for a refurb instead of trying to re-invent the wheel?
Tim

Have you seen the prices of the X Metal XX !? And too, there are no polished 24K X Metal XX frames, just the brushed look for the 24Ks.

MB³

lol... I'm grooooovy my Brutha! :D

Yeah I know about the Juliets and X², but they are too small for my big ass skulll that's why I have the XX.

MB³

Back