• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Made Contact With An Oakley Rep???

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I stopped in a small Oakley retailer yesterday and asked if they had any old displays, stands, or other accessories and was told the Oakley Rep usually takes all the stuff when she leaves. I asked if the would see if she will leave stuff behind for sale and was told next time she comes in they will give her my number and see I can tell her what I am looking for. My first question is has anyone ever tried to connect with an Oakley rep to buy stands or display or anything other than glasses? Does Oakley allow this of their reps? Just thought maybe I'd catch a break with having a direct contact. I imagine and Oakley reps garage being filled with cases, displays and bob heads all piled on top of each other.. lol..

If you get anywhere with the rep I would be shocked. Most/All the old cases and displays either go back to the warehouse or the store is instructed to destroy them.
I was told at one store that was getting new cases they needed to take a grinder to the "O" and send them to the local recycle center. That would be SAD to see happen!!!

Good Luck!!

I stopped in a small Oakley retailer yesterday and asked if they had any old displays, stands, or other accessories and was told the Oakley Rep usually takes all the stuff when she leaves. I asked if the would see if she will leave stuff behind for sale and was told next time she comes in they will give her my number and see I can tell her what I am looking for. My first question is has anyone ever tried to connect with an Oakley rep to buy stands or display or anything other than glasses? Does Oakley allow this of their reps? Just thought maybe I'd catch a break with having a direct contact. I imagine and Oakley reps garage being filled with cases, displays and bob heads all piled on top of each other.. lol..

This is the case with the Rep I met. He was a Rep for 17 years. He had about 20 Rubbermade Totes full of rare and HTF items and 63..... Yes 63 cases scattered between 3 warehouses. A couple members here actually came to one warehouse to pick up some display cases. He had Cubes to Triple-Wide cases. I helped him sell off some items here and it went well for awhile then he flaked out and stop returning calls. He had some crazy stories about Jim and Colin. He said that when a retailer orders a case all they pay for is freight for the display stuff to be delivered. It's still Oakley property. Problem is that when they no longer carry product Oakley has nobody to go around and claim all the display stuff. Ill post pics later of what I saw. He had an entire O Store dismantled and in his basement. All the clothes racks and wall panels. It was crazy!

This was 1 of 4 basements full. Those are bnib X Metal Single-Wides....

DSCN5822.jpg

DSCN5816.jpg

DSCN5807.jpg

DSCN5805.jpg

DSCN5802.jpg

DSCN5798.jpg

yqy5yqut.jpg

zavyny5u.jpg

8usa7y7e.jpg

7y4etyta.jpg

They are not allowed to sell those stuff. I tried that one before, even the authorize dealers, unless the dealers are about to close down, and as for the cabinets they are given instruction by oakley to destroy the cabinets and take some photos and send it to them. I got this info from a friend who use to have an optical shop and he has 2 double wide oakley cabinet. Damn I should have known him before he smashed down those cabinets.

This guy I met would sell anything. He lists stuff on eBay every week.....no cases but everything else.

This is the case with the Rep I met. He was the IL state Rep for 17 years. He had about 20 Rubbermade Totes full of rare and HTF items and 63..... Yes 63 cases scattered between 3 warehouses. A couple members here actually came to one warehouse to pick up some display cases. He had Cubes to Triple-Wide cases. I helped him sell off some items here and it went well for awhile then he flaked out and stop returning calls. He had some crazy stories about Jim and Colin. He said that when a retailer orders a case all they pay for is freight for the display stuff to be delivered. It's still Oakley property. Problem is that when they no longer carry product Oakley has nobody to go around and claim all the display stuff. Ill post pics later of what I saw. He had an entire O Store dismantled and in his basement. All the clothes racks and wall panels. It was crazy!

This was 1 of 4 basements full. Those are bnib X Metal Single-Wides....

yqy5yqut.jpg

zavyny5u.jpg

8usa7y7e.jpg

7y4etyta.jpg

WOW!:jaw:

Thanks for those pictures Dyeraudio that is what I was picturing a reps basment/garage looking like. I will keep you all posted if am able to get in contact with her.

Wow that's crazy!! I can only imagine the jaws dropping at Oakley when someone views those pictures and passing it along to the higher ups. I'm sure they'll have a good idea who had/has all this with the information provided.

Back