• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Tried Oakley Alternatives For Earsocks?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I sit here with my Romeos, the Walleva earsock rubber shredded and needing to be replaced. I had bought another set of Walleva red to keep with my Jordan Homage theme, but I also have a set of M Frame rubber sitting here, which looks about the same size (just wider) and I think to myself "self, will this work?"

Let me take this opportunity to mention that the Walleva rubber is junk. It's not very grippy, it's slightly oversized on the ID, and it looks like they used a round mandrel to form it around instead of a triangular one (like the shape of an Oakley stem). I chose them due to the cost of OEM and Linegear.

Well, turns out the M Frame isn't any good. A touch too long, and the M Frame stem tapers more, so the sock is very loose at one end and doesn't fit securely at all.

But what else is out there? Has anyone tried any alternatives, besides other X Metals? There is interchangeability with some X Metals, but sourcing rubber for those isn't a whole lot easier.