• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has The Red Iridium Carbon Blade Been Discontinued?

I was checking out the Oakley site and I only see four versions of the Carbon Blade being offered.

Did they discontinue the Red Iridium version?

http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/sunglasses/iconic-sunglasses/category/m0206

It could have been temporarily pulled if there was a quality control issue. Did you see the other thread with lens coloring question that @GH4AU made?
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/extreme-carbon-blade-lens-variances.34798/#post-388674

There also have been a number of discrepancies and glitches since the transition as well. They had the King's Camo radarlock picture in place for the 30 Years of Sport radarlock as recent as last night. The rust decay editions were not online the first transition day as well.

Could be multiple things like said above. I also remember seeing a thread where the frame and lens didn't line up right on some pairs.

After a while on the phone with O they said several colorways as recent as may 2014 were scheduled to be retired oct 31. It was very frustrating to find myself with no choice but EBay ... The polished fog +red radar -not 30 years version is one example straight jackets another

Well if they're already retiring those color ways of the carbon blade it's a bit surprising since they haven't been around that long. The red seemed popular too.

II doubt that was one of them but was surprised a lot of things will not make it to new site... Also depends who u talk to when u call One person told me only radar option OCP is Slate as site says ... Other person listed about 8 different colors the same day as available. Also I was told a good 2 years ago straight jackets were done and they r still here. I feel like the hardcore o people who know the product are mostly gone from telesales. They should either have a huge restock of OCP or just can it.... I'd be a bit surprised if the carbon blade u mention is gone but just a bit....

Back