1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

I once heard someone say there wasn't. However, I have never been able to get my Mag Switch lenses out. I sold them so I can't try anymore.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Supposedly the pit boss isn't user replaceable. But they still just pop right out

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the zeros. theyre glued onto the frame

4. OpinionatedOakley

I've taken the frame off of every Zero generation except the Sub and they weren't glued. In fact I have a stack of latest gen Zero lenses as replacements.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

oh seriously? i was almost certain they were glued in place. could you share how you removed them?

6. oakleysam

oakleysam Oakley Beginner

Conducts

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Half Pint.

8. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Stems come off the conducts.

I know that these have replaceable lenses but the spikes were a bitch to switch out

9. OpinionatedOakley

I can't find my other Zero lenses. Here is the latest gen. You can see how the "frame" pops onto the lens. Grab the top of the lens, top of the frame, and pull it off. The older gens come off in a similar manner.

Incidentally, notice that the nosebomb clips on the Zero are identical to the SI M Frame's. You can cut down an SI nosepiece to replace them if you lose one of the originals.

Has There Ever Been A Model Without User-replaceable Lenses? - scaled.php?server=708&filename=zerolens0021077x808.jpg&res=landing

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

thanks for the info. i am working on vintage zeros with a fellow collector, and he has just removed the lenses on his 0.2P. he says those are clearly glued in? it would be good if you can snap a shot of how the older lenses clip in. as far as i can tell there is no locking mechanism and theyre glued? thanks for your help