• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet Earstems

beergrover

Oakley Beginner
Ok....I get it. Oakley has given up on yet another frame and finding the rubber parts for it have become harder to find than a black fly on a steers a** on a moonless prairie night. With that said.....

Does anyone know of another model earstem that would serve the purpose of making my Hatchets useable again. I want to give them to my wife to use. They look awesome on her and currently she is using my Big Squares which look ridiculous on her. The orbitals are made for someone with an enormous head like mine and makes her look like a praying mantis...ha ha ha.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Michael

yeah....already read this. However wondering if anyone has experimented with another fitment that did the job. Shame to throw out a perfectly good pair of glasses due to missing or cracked earstem.

juliets too small, m frame too fat, flaks flare... the closest was a half jacket earsock which flares just a tiny bit but should be good enough to wear

I've tried the halfjacket earsocks on hatchets and the fit is rather poor, they are too short, too flared to make a close fit, I think it would be easier to use earsocks that are too long and then cut them, but the questions remains what other earsock kit lends itself to this sort of use. Alternatively, there is a company called Walleva that makes replacement earsocks and nose pieces for other Oakley products - perhaps if there is enough interest, they would start making these for Hatchets as well.

There is a seller on Ebay that sells the raw RX frame for $29.99 I see them often. I have 5 pairs of hatchets, and that is a good deal just for those parts. Dont forget the hinge springs are even harder....

There is a seller on Ebay that sells the raw RX frame for $29.99 I see them often. I have 5 pairs of hatchets, and that is a good deal just for those parts. Dont forget the hinge springs are even harder....

Given the fact that Oakley no longer produces rubber kits for Hatchet, it is one of the very few options, and the pricing in my experience is higher than $29.99 for unused frames, with all of the components still on. I have contacted Walleva, suggesting that they produce replacement rubber kit for Hatchet, it's hard to say whether they received more feedback like this, but perhaps if they do, it would present a viable option for us Hatchet owners to squeeze a little bit more use out of these awesome glasses. While I own only Oakley eyewear, and prescription at that, I've always felt that Oakley makes a mistake by not providing better support for discontinued products. This is especially the case with Hatchets, which are quite durable thanks to their aluminum frames, but then the unobtanium pieces just give out (so do the hinge springs - though these may be fixable). As some users posted, it is really disappointing not to be able to use glasses only because one rubber nose piece is gone... hopefully some options will come on the market.

Latest Posts

Back