• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have I Started Collecting Another "Dead Model"?

I missed it ...at first I thought it was about them possibly doing better on the arms and thought that it was quite an intense reply..as a small head I have a fear the Twenty may go the same way...I wore the Unknown... Still do but man, was it a failure for the massses...The Ten doesnt sell well at local stores here but it looks good on some people..if it fit I'd definitely wear it. Oakley seems to be firing new styles that are rehashes of recent ones an awful lot lately I dont mean 2.0's I mean changing something slightly or making 2 lenses into a shield in basically the same frame...I wish they'd just do a Straight up "relaunch of MD and SJ2...same style but all new colorways ...and black of course. Maybe Midnight MD a Cinder Sj...just dreaming

You're talking Antix to Hijinx?

I understand the 2.0 use, people respond to familiar names, feel the need to get the improved version like the latest i-device.

What I'm not a fan of is the reuse of names without acknowledging a difference. Straight Jacket, Racing Jacket, Crosshair, et al. We all know the difference but trying to figure out which generation a Half Wire is starts to get dodgy.

Even with the Tens, they're a reuse of the Ten, both using the "X" moniker but one having an S. Same with the XX, though the new one is the Twenty where the old one was XX Twenty, and not forgetting the X-Metal XX, which I believe (though I may be mistaken) doesn't fit the same or use the lenses of the O-Matter XX.

I dont express myself well here...simply put Crankcase seems like a rehash of FC/non shield Batwold with less plastic...frustrating that they do that.... with SJ/Minute/MD/MP drying up...I have to see them in person though but I just am not a fan of the Fuel Cell look ...on my small face I loook like a sci fi character from the 60's. Its good for some -and the HJ 2 seems like a fast jacket Jr....fits me but the Flaks kill it in every way and the color selection seems to lean towards...loud besides black. If i came home with something called Blood orange/Fire I think wife would say "what's that thing on your face?" If they are remaking HJ why not some in betweeen colors Ice/VR28 Black/Gold/Bronze and Brown/Cinder/Rust/Dark Grey/ frames...the Asian fit w/ cinder are being deleted it seems.... U are exactly right on the names. I overgeneralized.

I agree. I'd really like the Half Jacket to fit the same as the Fast, since the HJ is small on me but it's probably the best looking of the half-frames (HJ2, Fast, Flak).

And I also agree about the colors. I'm not into loud frames. There aren't a ton of frame colors that aren't black but work as well.

Back